Jillian Michael's Detox & Cleanse Drink

My Weight Loss Journey 500

**UPDATE** Want to read my results? CLICK HERE!!!

Back in January I told y’all about some of my goals for 2013, and getting myself healthy and in shape was on that list. It’s the middle of March and I had yet to step on a scale. The past few months have been a blur, but that is not an excuse. I have a problem and I need to start fixing it.

I am overweight. I am lazy, out of shape, and miserable. Every day I struggle to find clothes that still fit me, and I usually end up in sweats and yoga pants. With summer quickly approaching that is not a good idea here in Southern Arizona. I am diabetic, a cancer survivor, and back in the good old days I was a girl who loved to run a few miles every morning and could turn heads wherever I went. I was healthy…and happy. Now I struggle with anxiety, panic attacks, and a complete lack of self confidence. I have some obstacles, and some great reasons to over come them. I may not be able to predict the future, but I need to make sure I do what I can to ensure I am around for my three amazing children. They are my reason.

This all came to me today. Without going on and on, the long and short of it is today was the day I realized I have a problem and I am going to fix it. I am going to be in a bikini this summer sitting pool side {in the shade…I am a skin cancer survivor and all} watching my children play. I am going to be running marathons again. I am going to fit in the clothes I fit into last year….and the ones that I fit into before I had kids. Yes, I know my body has changed, but there are some “parts” I can change back..or at least change for the better.

To kick start my journey, I am trying out this great detox drink I have been reading so much about. I discovered it originally on Pinterest, so I went back to make a list of what I needed before I ran to the store today.

Jillian Michael’s Detox Drink

Ingredients

64oz purified water

1 bag Dandelion Root Tea

1 tablespoon pure Cranberry Juice

2 tablespoons Lemon Juice

Jillian Michael's Detox Drink

About The Ingredients

The lemon juice was easy enough to find at Walmart, as was the 64oz drink containers. {Great price of 1.96 at my Walmart} You see I have two, one for me and one for my husband; who is going on this journey with me. The cranberry juice was tricky. Be wary of the “popular” cranberry drink, it isn’t pure cranberry juice and is high in sugar. Diet cranberry juice also has other ingredients so avoid that as well. I finally found R.W. Knudsen Pure Cranberry juice, and it is simply that…just look at the ingredients. It is low in sugar and is available at practically all the grocery stores. My Walmart did not have dandelion root tea, and I could not find it at Fry’s or Safeway. I ended up at a Sprout’s; I had never been in one before {and on a side note I am in love}. They had the dandelion root tea for 4.49 a box of 16 bags. Not. Too. Shabby. You can find a better deal on Amazon with or without shipping, so if you can wait a few days for your tea to arrive I would get it from Amazon.

Special Note: Most websites say to use 60oz of water instead of 64oz. To make it easier to measure and mix the drink I recommend making the extra 4 oz.

Instructions

Make the tea as directed on the box. Cool to room temperature and add it to your container. Mix in the lemon juice, cranberry juice, and remaining filtered water. I use less water and added ice to make it nice and cold, but that is optional. When the ice melts it may water down to mixture, which is why I use less water to start.

Finally, drink. Drink it up. Drink one full 64oz container every day for seven days. Continue your daily activities and eat smart, healthy meal choices.

jillian michael's detox drink 2

The Detox Drink Purpose

According to several other websites, blogs, and forums I have read about the Jillian Michael’s Detox Drink, this helps shed excess water weight. The average weight loss is 5 to 10 pounds in the 7 days. Side effects are frequent trips to the bathroom {the water has to go somewhere after all} and light headedness {reported in those who start a fast or extreme diet with this drink}.

For women, this is recommended to drink during the week prior to her menstrual cycle. This is reported to help minimize bloating and water weight gain associated with a woman’s monthly cycle. I like this idea…I like this idea A LOT.

My Plan

Today is day 1. Day 1 of my weight loss journey. I also happen to be in the above mentioned week {TMI?} so this is perfect. I made today’s batch of Jillian Michael’s Detox Drink for myself and my husband and will update you at the end of the 7 days with my thoughts a results. I am also starting an exercise routine of a daily 2 mile walk. As time and my energy levels go on I will be adding more fitness routines. Maybe yoga, I have always wanted to try yoga.

Day 1 Stats

Oye this is the hard part..the accountability of it all.

Height: 5’5″

Weight: 171lbs

BMI {According to this website}: 28.5 placing me in the overweight category

Left Bicep: 13.5″

Left Thigh: 25.5″

Waist: 39″

Dress size: 10 to 12

My Goals

Weight: 120-125 lbs

Dress Size: 4 to 6

Overall I want to be toned and fit again.

I want to be able to run marathons and wear shorts and tank tops in public.

Well, today is the first day…so wish me luck. I welcome any and all comments and questions, and advice always appreciated. To disclose, some of the links above are affiliate links and by using those links I may make money. I always link to products I use and recommend.

Share The Awesomeness
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestGoogle+Buffer this pageshare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponShare on RedditEmail to someoneShare on LinkedInDigg thisPrint this page

Comments

1. says

I have just started a new journey to lose my extra weight as well. We can do it! I haven’t heard of this drink before but I like that it’s made with easily found ingredients, I think I’ll try it, thanks for sharing!

2. stacey says

Can’t wait to hear how this week went! I will be making some of this tea this week and starting on my journey!

3. Sarah says

Ok, so I’m not alone! I’m inspired and want to jump on the band wagon. I too am typically an active person but have recently hit a patch. I thought and justified it to being the result of the winter blues and I’m still in a funk. So with some hope that I can find the products, which you have made sound easy, Walmart here I come. I also have this impression that I need to go hard core with my workouts like before but in reality it is all about baby steps. Nothing wrong with a walk and yes yoga, which I’m curious about as well! Thank you!

4. Hollie Vile says

Good Luck with your weight loss goals. I recently started working out to Jillian Michaels Shred in 30 days. It is a great work out (only 20 mins long) with 3 different levels. So far I am on level 3 pushing myself to limits I didn’t realize I had in me
    I also took a genetic weight loss test which is so cool. I got my results today and will be on the track to a healthier me. The test gives you what kind of diet would be good for your specific body type, and it also tells you according to your genetic
    makeup what kind of exercise regimen you have to be on in order to lose the weight. Unfortunately my body type calls for High Intensity Exercise (yay me)If you would like more info regarding the genetic test, let me know by email. I am rooting and praying for
    you to accomplish your goals.

• Brittany says

I wasn’t until after I finished the detox, i just continued to eat and drink as normal. Now I am doing the Atkins diet.

5. says

I am now following you and I hope to stay inspired as I travel this road, too. I just had a big birthday, (the one with the 4 in it) and I looked down into a drawer of adorable shorts I can’t wear right now. I WILL WEAR THEM THIS SUMMER. I will I will! Good luck to you and I will check back to see your progress!

6. Ashley says

Are you going to post your results? I read this and got inspired without seeing them… Mixed up my first batch tonight! I’ve just had my first baby and am anxious to start losing some weight!!!

• Brittany says

The results were posted in a different post and there is a link posted at the top of this post in red to take you there.

7. says

I am so buying ingredients for this this weekend. I’m eating wonderful now, exercising daily and making awesome choices. Would love to try this drink!

8. Katie Wallace says

I had a hard time finding the Dandelion Tea, I was able to find it at GNC if anyone else is having a hard time. He said that they stock it and it is $5.

9. Allison says

Do you use 1 tea bag for the entire 64 oz or 1 tea bag per 8 oz, so 8 tea bags for one 64 oz container??

10. Francesca says

Hey Brittany, do you have to drink the WHOLE 64oz in one sitting, through out the day, or before every meal?

• Brittany says

OMG in one sitting would kill me! I drank it through out the day {honestly took about three-four hours}.

11. says

I started the detox tea today after about a week of having the ingredients. I didn’t read all of the comments until today and realized I did it wrong. I used 6 bags of tea per the box instructions – 1 tea bag per 8oz. This may explain my current headache. I did add more water and I’ll have enough for 2 days so only 3 bags for 64oz :) for day 1 and 2. Day 3 I’ll prepare better by only stewing 1 bag of tea for the whole 64oz.

Tonight I plan to buy a bottle to fit all 64oz in and pick up some distilled water. Today / tomorrow it will be spring filtered water. The though of only having to stew 1 bag of tea for all 64 oz is much less overwhelming for me.

12. Jessica F. says

Thanks so much for posting this! I found it on Pinterest, bought the ingredients and water bottle Monday and started it yesterday, so I’m on Day 2. Really hope this gives me the kickstart I need along with regular exercise, which for me is running outside. Unfortunately, we got snow overnight and are expected to get another 8-10 inches so I might have to hang out w/my Jillian Michaels DVDs until Spring decides to stick around.

13. Sheyenne says

Good for you! Your story is very inspiring and I hope every day is easier to put a foot in the right direction, best of luck!

14. Rondi says

Hi Ladies,
    I am knew to this but I have a wedding in 2 weeks and would love to fit into my dress comfortably :) I bought all the items. I found the tea at Hy-Vee for $5.99 I am now on a hunt for the cup to hold all 64 oz. Good luck ladies :)

15. Tina says

I just wanted to share my results with everyone! I was so excited and determined to try this. I lost 7 lbs in 1 wk!! I couldn’t believe how good I felt. I cut out the alcohol, white flour, and sugar.

Good luck to everyone – you can do it!

16. Suzanna says

I bought the ingredients today;all found at Target. I’ve lost 26 pounds on Weight Watchers over 50 weeks. Only 2 pounds to get to my goal and lifetime/free status. Final goal weight is 141. I am 5’3″ and 49 years old.

Wish me luck! I don’t see that anyone has posted success stories afterwards….hoping I am able to!

17. Amber says

Hey I was curious, did you buy purified water or used tap water?
    thank you for your help, it was very helpful and informative!

18. Emily says

I’m in the process of trying this out now. I was wondering if there was anything I can add to the drink to make it a little sweet. It’s very bitter, and I want to stick to it

19. Lgirl says

There seems to be only good ingredients in this drink, so would be it bad to drink this say all the time? I really like this drink and I’ve been doing it for 7 days now and I actually want to keep making them. Thoughts?

Trackbacks